Wednesday, May 8, 2013

PROM!

I have to say, this was one of my favorite memories of high school. My prom this year was amazing, and I felt like the experience was a lot because of my friends. They really made my prom. Of course, on the same day as prom there had to be something else going on, which made for a very interesting morning. My older sister, Kristi, was getting her marriage blessed in the church that morning around noon. So I had to get my hair and makeup pretty much done, go to her ceremony, and then drive back down to Medford to take pictures . It was a crazy day but it was so worth it.

Starting with pictures, we were already having a blast. We went to Donahue's briefly to take some lovely pictures with flowers. After that we went to a senior living place to continue with pictures on the staircase and by the fireplace. We had tons of food and drinks there and hung out until it was time for grand march. Honestly, I had probably never felt better than I did that night. I loved my dress, loved my hair and my makeup and pretty much everything else that was going on.

Next, we had the dinner and dance. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice I thought the Vintage Ballroom was, even though it was in Faribault. I thought it fit its name very well and was a good size for the amount of kids that we had going there. Dinner was very good, mostly because I just love the taste of Alfredo. It was the perfect amount of food too. Then was the dance. The DJ was incredible I thought, and I loved how he played a little bit of every genera. I was tired by the end of the 3 1/2 hours of dancing and playing music, but of course it was totally worth it!

After prom was a blast too! The food is one of my favorite parts, because they seriously have some of the best stuff. I loved the fact they had Starbucks and Blast ice cream, because it just made the night even better. The hypnosis show was probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my entire life. I hadn't laughed that hard in awhile, and I think part of that was because everyone was completely out of it. After the show, we had fun earning tickets and getting a little too competitive when it came to bingo. We even got friendship lizards! I didn't win a whole lot at the after prom ticket drawings, but I really liked the senior clothes we got. It's strange to know that it was our last prom, but it was so much fun and I'm glad it ended on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment